Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blood isn't always thicker than water

You always hear the phrase "Blood is thicker than water" but I'm not really sure how true that is.. The people that have always been there for me in my life aren't all family, and some of my family hardly seem to care what I do. Yesterday was a big reminder of this. I found out some semi shocking news about a family member, and just did not know what to do. I thought, "You have got to be kidding me? We're family.. Families are supposed to share big news, not hide it."

I spent half of the day crying, and the other half of the day trying to decide if I wanted to cry or if I wanted to scream. All day long though I just wanted to forget that the whole thing had ever happened. But, the best part about my day was that the people who truly are close to me, and care about me were there for me. They didn't have to say are you ok? They knew I wasn't. They didn't have to say anything really. They knew just sitting on the phone with me helped, or that telling me about rehearsal would help keep my mind off it. They are my life lines. Another person invited me over for dinner with their family hoping to keep my mind busy. It was so nice to feel so surrounded by people that care when the one person I wanted to care reminded me once again that they don't.

So for everyone that thinks they have it tough, and that nothing works out for them- just think about the person you call when things get rough. Remind yourself that you could be going through these rough times with out them. Be thankful for the friends, and family that support you. Not everyone has someone to lean on.

Thank you Trevor for always being my rock. Thank you Chris and Shelby for always being such amazing friends. Thank you to the Hochmans for inviting me for dinner. And, the biggest thank you goes to my mother, Shelley, who has always been there for me and supported me no matter what. You're my best friend, and I'm so thankful I have the most amazing mom in the world. I couldn't have gotten through yesterday without any of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment