Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Stand tall.

You tried to stand tall, and say what you think.
Well I tried to stand too.. 
Then you said something I would never think.  

You tried to stand tall and do what's right for you.
Did you ever really think 
I was right for you?

You tried to stand tall and hold your ground.
My whole world 
Seemed to crumble all around. 

You tried to stand tall and move on with your life.
But, I know 
You still want me a part of that life. 

I tried to stand tall and move on with my life.
I still pray for you though 
To be in my life. 

I tried to stand tall and know I'll be okay without you.
Yet somehow I think 
I will always miss you.

I tried to stand tall and not say your name.
But that was never something I overcame. 

I tried to stand tall and put on a smile.
I thought about all our good times 
Every once in a while.

I still try to stand tall.
And think
Maybe I can do this all. 

Now I am standing tall and I'm standing proud.
I never fell
At least not all the way down. 

I am standing tall and now I can see
Maybe you weren't 
The right one for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment